|AIU / VISA PROCESS / FRRO
For any help contact :
Admission Committee for Professional Courses,
Admission Building, Nr. Library,
L. D. College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmedabad - 380015
Phone : +91-79-26566000, e-mail :
Student visas are granted to people who wish to come to India and study at an
officially recognized educational institution.
The main document required is student admission/registration papers from the
institution. The provisional admission letter is compulsory before applying for
a visa. You can surely contact the Nodal officer of "Study In Gujarat" of your
University whose details have been provided on this website.
- Indian Missions/Posts grant a student visa for five years or for the duration
of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below :
- To foreign students coming to India to pursue regular and full-time enrollment
in any academic program
- For overseas students coming for Industrial Training, Summer Project and
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for the students seeking
admission or taking admission tests
- Applicant must possess the proof of admission to a full time regular academic
course in a recognized institution in India and evidence of monetary backup.
- The applicant must possess a "No Objection Certificate" from the Ministry of
Health in case of admission in the Medical or Para-medical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an
Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa). Its termination date will coincide with the period
of the principal visa holder.
- A student visa is issued up to five years, depending on the duration of the course.
FEE FOR STUDENT VISA
- Passenger with a valid student visa can enter India from any desired port of
immigration check post (Airport, Seaport).
- Visa fees for a student visa are different for all the countries. Generally,
it ranges from $13 to $118.
- The visitors are required to fill online visa Application by visiting website
http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ and visit their nearest embassy with
printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.
What is e-FRRO?
- Services from the comfort of your home.
- No need to visit FRRO/FRO office.
- Online Payment.
- Convenient and Time-Saving.
- Exclusive Dashboard for User-friendly experience.
Online FRRO Service delivery mechanism without the requirement of visiting the FRRO/FRO
office. No requirement of taking an appointment and visiting the FRRO/FRO office unless
specifically called upon by the FRRO/FRO.
Web-based applications aimed to build a centralised online platform for foreigners for
visa-related services. Its key objective is to provide Faceless, Cashlessand Paperless
services to foreigners with a user-friendly experience.
Using this application, foreigners are required to create their USER-ID by registering
themselves. Afterwards, they would apply online through registered user-id for various
Visa and Immigration related services in India viz. Registration, Visa Extension, Visa
Conversion, Exit Permit, etc, without any hassle and obtain the service(s) without
coming to the FRRO office.
The necessary immigration/Visa document e.g. Registration Permit/Certificate (RP/RC),
Visa Extension Certificate, etc will be sent by post on the address mentioned.
It would also be electronically sent to the foreigner to his registered email ID.
Foreigners would not be required to mandatorily visit FRRO/FRO office for the grant of
service. However, in certain exceptional cases, the foreigner will be intimated to visit
the FRRO/FRO on the scheduled date and time for an interview.
In the case of exigency, the foreigner can visit the FRRO/FRO office directly
for a grant of service.